06 October 2005

I’m through with white girls

Fuck Warren Hellman. The Chronicle today ran another glorification kiss ass piece of the Bay Area’s loveable billionaire capitalist rapist, and I still cant find the charm in the man. It certainly wasn’t on scene last Saturday, when girl and I found a little nook on the slope of the rooster stage to watch Patty Griffin blow the doors off the bluegrass festival. The lily white crowd was only 5% hippy, and this sucked cause I dig that vibe and presence. When sets began, we were told to “sit down!” by a reclining Lafayette bitch-type who decided to sit right behind us in our secluded area. Who are these up tight Merlot sippers, and what causes them to try to take command of a free show? My “come on, get up off your ass and watch the show” glare didn’t motivate anyone, so we found another place where we could listen, sway, and juggle the soccer ball while the goings on got on. Others of our ilk (the girl’s ilk, as I have no look save 1985 preppy) joined us, and one had a guitar, and I went over Greg’s “If you cant give me everything”, which won wide praise, and caused said LB to approach as we wound down and apologize for her gruffness. I said nothing; girl said thanks. What’s a jackass to do when surrounded by such chaos? Why are there rules and protocol at free shows? Ride out for the weekend with a newly shaved head and a friend in town from WA state, you say? Will do. I have limited empathy these days, and I’m through with white girls on the upside of 40.

No comments: