19 November 2006

It's a Shame About Cal
Holy Mother of the Clouds I am out from under the darkness and into the bright penetrating beauty of health and oh boy it's a wonderful world out there filled with tailgators and mouthbreathers and stroller aggressors but hey, I am king of the rest of my life, lovin' it baby. Just d-loaded some Lemonheads It's a Shame About Ray, digging the back tunes but always looking to the future, prince albert. Saw a couple of fine fine films in my convalescence, most notably United 93 , a thriller tauter than teen taint, and let's not forget Little Miss Sunshine, which, and I'm telling ya sugar, includes the funniest scene of the year. These are goodies. Get get.

Do not, and I begs yas, forget to get on The Equals (try Among Us), a peppier buncha pop-makers you would not find in the isle of Englande during the mid-1960's. Maybe it's R&B, maybe it's pre-ska, maybe we just best leave the categories to the categorizers and get on with the kitchen dancing. Need some lysergic acid? Dead Moon's Echoes From the Past is Bon Scott fronting Greg Cartwright's band while he was just learning the geetar. I don't know why it sounds so real but let your shivers be your guide. Hell I put on the Flat Duo Jets Lucky Eye, the one everybody poopooed and it sounded like gold to this Pony Boy. Dexter in 2008!

Can I get below 170? Who wants to bet? I have two days of meetings and then family. I'm so lucid- I might say anything. Never underestimate the haze of the hangover for keeping social relations at that pleasantly necessary distance. Clarity of consciousness is a rugged beast. Get out the metaphysical whip and chair.

Oh, and happy Sunday.

No comments: