25 March 2008

I Have a Problem

I'm developing quite the little vinyl fetish- ain't gonna pay too much, but I'm sneaking out of prep periods to Concord, and that just reeks of filthy sin. Here are the latest crimes against my children's futures-

Brother JT- Holy Ghost Stories- never seen this on vinyl so I must purchase- has an upside down cross and a lipstick smudge on the back cover, scum stats that steal my free will.

24 of Hank Williams' Greatest Hits- gatefold with mounted bust of Hank on the front and back cover- kinda like Beethoven, but with hat.

The Funky 16 Corners- yea yea yea, I've got it on the cdr, but this has gatefold pictures, prison bars and mariachi hats. Mostest post-Graduate come down tuneage. Soonly.

Apache- "Boys Life" 7"- I think they're local, but they most certainly are anthemic- big rock, big big rock- convertible rock of the spring time Grizzly Peak variety. With hair. Biggest winner of this current moment. Large. Ball-punishing sound. Punishing.

The Kids- S/T- classic Belgian punk rock and roll- more for the top down- ice cream and Pliny to follow- I'm picturing tight short pomps and Ethiopian arms. Amy says, "Let's dance."

John Fogerty- Centerfield- well, I just read the saddest story ever written (the saga of CCR, otherwise know as the worst written bio ever penned) so revisiting the 80's with tremulous hands I find mucho CCR ripoffs and too much production. Some of this will ride your background, and some will drive your wince. Biggest asshole in art since VS Naipaul.

FM Knives- Useless and Modern- dumbest purchase since that last beer that one night with those other people. It never got me when I had it on tape, so all the raves must have played on my weakness and penetrated illusionville in my purchase-desire organ. Still just second-rate Buzzcocks. From Sacramento.

TV Ghost- S/t- Circus freak heaven on a Birthday Party sleigh ride- language comes in many forms. Young'uns done got the weird vibe and I'm feeling the potential. Too early to tell if there is greatness here, but late enough to know it ain't no Camaro spring hope perky titty rock.

No comments: