08 June 2009

Reception at Tuna's


I enjoyed two free keg parties this weekend. The first was a birthday party for somebody I do not know. I walked right up to the Top Dog guy catering, ordered a brat, sidled to the keg and did not move until I had five new friends. Repeat, and two hours later the painful view upon entrance was a glorious haze of middle-age festive blur. At least that's what I kept telling myself when plaid-pants man kept screaming about the death of Obama and the SEC. And then we played beer pong.

Slipped out yesterday to Issues' 2nd Anniversary party and pretended to shop while I drank at high speed. From Piedmont to Piedmont Ave. flips your keg demographic, but I'm versatile. Met up with Mr. Mosher and we made plans. Please attend them. Walked off with four records I did not need but that look good in front of my television. The cover of the Black Shampoo soundtrack is particularly eye-catching, especially to children.

And that's your weekend update. Let's get lost- I'm temporarily unemployed in four days.

3 comments:

sonny house said...

why are June colds so much more annoying than the other monthly varities? I have an answer but I'll stick with rhetorical whining.

I'm going to the track on Saturday and PacBell on Sunday. If you're placing bets, you'd better get on that shit

Tuna said...

Piedmont, CA.-Keg city.

Sorry man, but I am out the next 2 weekends. Anniversary next weekend, then another 40th in Chicago. I can do that last Friday in June, though.

After June summer is wide open.



That's my first wife doing the keg stand by the way.

Anonymous said...

yea, I'm actually out the next two weekends as well- graduation Friday night, GGFields with colleagues on Saturday and then the Gyros game on Sunday. Heading down to LA to see Barry the following weekend, followed by a dinner with my old college teammates, many of whom I have not seen in over 20 years. Kinda excited, actually.

I remember her- she worked out religiously just so she could pull this trick off. That's Ben with his hand, well, have a nice day...