24 September 2009

Brian Wilson

I was going to write about the Giants but tonight's ninth crushed my will.

I was going to write about bullies on the bus but that lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

I was going to write about JaMarcus Russell but I don't want to sound racist.

I was going to write about Mitch McConnell but I just couldn't muster the strength.

I was going to write about Gonerfest but we forgot to book tickets.

I was going to write about the new Pynchon but the stoner ethos killed my brain.

I was going to write about the best double album to come out in the past decade, Dan Melchior's O Clouds Unfold, hot off the presses from Hook or Crook, but sometimes you have to let greatness simply flow over you.

I was going to write about the Piedmont social scene, but you wouldn't believe me.

I was going to write about the Dani Heatley trade, but you miserable bastards just don't care.

I was going to write about Cal football, but we know how these next few weeks will end.

I was going to write about Stephen Jackson, but Robert Rowell depresses me, as do grown men in We Believe t-shirts.

Let's face it- I just just don't have a thing to say.

5 comments:

Tuna said...

I was going to write about the Piedmont social scene, but you wouldn't believe me.

What the hell is going on out there? I'm starting to get the sense Piedmont 2009 is kinda like Marin County 1976. You are heathen Godless sorts.

What about the children?? Who will SAVE the children???

Tuna said...

Cal is going to crush me tomorrow. Or the next. Or the week after that. If you can make it out to SF, lets get let down together? game starts at 12:30.

sonny house said...

can't - I have too many kid sporting events to attend

chris o said...

i spent the last 3 weekends watching tons and tons of football and baseball...i was supposed to go to my first Clamper event this weekend but I had to cancel...so instead i am going to a fundraiser held in a supermarket parking lot tomorrow in san rafael in order to meet life insurance prospects. it would be so much easier if you just invited me to your weirdo Piedmont Social Scene events. I can be quite charming, you have no idea. I could do the talking and you could just take a break. I love this plan.

sonny house said...

what's a Clamper event?