31 March 2010

Rockin' Rollin' Bitches

I've been so immersed in West Coast folk-rock that I forgot my heart still lies with the trash, and the best shitstorm I've heard in ages comes from a cheap cd I bought from Big Neck from the infamous Tunnel of Love, called Rockin' Rollin' Bitches, apparently recorded in 2002 on a four-track in their practice space before it burned down. Believe me, that sounds as unappealing to me as it does to you, but this is shockingly great. Pussy Galore sound and Oblivians' hooks, and as stupid as that sounds in the comparison department, the music is pure gold. Rock n roll from kooks too weird to write generic riffs. Big visceral action here, and this from a guy who's reading a Beach Boys biography after I finish typing this. Yea, we're all getting old, but this will remind you of practice space madness and why primitive used to be an OK word.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is finally coming out on vinyl in the next couple months (info here: http://www.myspace.com/blackgladiatorkills).

Anonymous said...

Hot shit. I'm ordering now.

Aaron Rowand was 0-4 today. Just sayin'.