26 April 2010

Fill the Reservoirs- Round 2 Comin' Up


OK, so for those of you kind of playing at home, the Sharks' second round opponent is down to this: whoever wins tomorrow night's Game 7 matchup between Phoenix and Detroit earns a second round Game 1 at the Shark Tank Thursday night. It's no secret that most teal fans want nothing to do with the Red Wings, who have basically owned the Sharks and have clearly been the class of the Western Conference for years. Personally, I was hoping for Nashville, but they gagged to the Hawks, so now I'm thinking, hey, what better way to build confidence for a genuine shot at the Cup than to beat a slightly down Wings team after they've been beat up in a seven-game series? Hell, expectations are for suckers anyway, but if the Sharkies are going down, I'd rather see it happen in Joe Louis Arena than in the fuckin' desert. The stoic in me says what will be will be, though, so time to enjoy the calm domicile before blood shoots from my ears at high speed into the living room walls. I'm off to read poetry by the light of the stereo.

Admission: I did not watch the clinching Game 6 victory, for I was taking my wife out to a swanky SF birthday dinner followed by a highly enjoyable trip to Cobbs Comedy Club followed by a trip to the cavernous basement opium den called La Trappe at Mason and Columbus, a tipping spot to search out. I call this emotional growth and I think you should duly note it.

Who's bringing the blood sausages over for Thursday?

1 comment:

Tuna said...

So who are the Sharks playing?

Don't know if any of you caught the footage of Fabolous Fab and the other Goldman banksters on Capital Hill yesterday. There has rarely been such a display of shamelessness, entitlement and hubris displayed. Plus Carl Levin said shitty like 10 times on TV.

Most appalibg was my collegues reaction. My boss actually believes bankers are victims because everyone hates them now. He is most worried by the prospect of tougher regulation. His own greed and self absorption prevents him from recognizing how deregulation has allowed majors financial scandals to occur for the past 30 years.

I recognize this story may be of less interest to the rest of you. But to work in this field and to interact 9-10 hours a day with such ethically challenged folks is both maddening and breathtaking. I need to cleanse myself!