12 November 2010

The Last Sucker

I gave up on Ministry after Filth Pig, as Jesus clearly did not build that hot rod. Kinda forgot about ole Al until I accidentally downloaded their supposed swan song, The Last Sucker, many months ago and promptly forgot about it. Until today- with tedious computer work to accomplish and the pain in my back shooting fire down my leg, maybe a little industrial fire would move up the cocktail hour to a respectable 3:00. Well, I don't know what the first song is called, but it's the biggest riff I've heard from Al since NWO, a fucking monster of aggro and punker than anything I've heard lately. Yes, the man is obsessed with the crimes of George W., and so we're treated to plenty of samples from "I'm the Decider" to "They're in the last throes," but don't let the politics get in the way of your good time frustration release. I know this is an easy band to mock, but I've always had a soft spot for the whole thang, and who cares if it took three years to realize that Al could channel middle-aged political hate into this kinda power. And given the midterms, maybe Boehner will get him outta the barcalounger, back on the meth and dug into the studio.

3 comments:

sonny house said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk52nGxF-jc

you can thank me later

Anonymous said...

good morning, sunshine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpAgy1o7LAs&feature=related

Tuna said...

Sammy! Sammy! God those pants are amazing!