10 January 2012

Video- Leather Leather


Oh happy Soulseek- apparently, the new server delivers every record ever made, and now I'm back on the old treadmill, having once found SS sterile and unsatisfying, I now find access to every record in the world a joy.  Hurray for recycled pleasure, but call me in three months. And that brings me to Video's Leather Leather, who challenge my predisposition towards hyberbole and hype, which my cortex will once again fail to monitor. If we were to hop in the time machine and head back to the drunken hour of top ten lists, these guys would shove some top contenders to the sidelines. The previous bands of these guys make no sense, because this is the stomping, inventive punk rock you always wanted this shit to mutate into.  Simplicity delivered smartly, and the timing is just right. Put the right pieces in all the right places and who needs a guitar lesson? I'm just on the upturn of the listening dig cycle, so if you know where I can secure a vinyl copy, do tell. Otherwise, it's just smiles and sterility, baby. This shit wins.

No comments: