25 November 2008

Not to be fucked with...


Night 2 in my beer tasting...This is a beast. Seriously, I think Anderson Valley's Brother David 's Triple inhabits that grey area where certain high octane beers start to take on the feel of hard liquor. Not that I'm complaining. Briefly, an initial mouthful of flavor with strong alcohol over tones, with no King Cobra or Country Club malt liquor after taste. Nice.
I'd recommend this brew to start off a winter evening. However... you shouldn't try to eat much or have more than one of these. Brother Dave is a full meal. I would follow it with an Inbev or Bud Light.
Speaking of which, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO THE TRAPPIST? How about Friday, December 5th at say 4 PM?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

check that...can we do this Friday instead? Say when it opens?

Dr. D said...

That sounds tasty; i like how Damnation tastes like Jim Beam toward the end of the glass. Are you drinking beer out of a brandy snifter?

I'm in Nevada City this weekend after turkey feast, and in sunny Tampa FL next weekend. Get drunk and drunker. Remind me to tell you how harry got 86'd from the garden when i circle back...

Anonymous said...

the back is too far gone to leave the floor, sadly

Anonymous said...

When are you going to the doctor? My cousin Sean just had to have his back operated becuase a disc was pinching a nerve. He said it was the easiest operation ever. Like 15 minutes. What do your xrays say?

Anonymous said...

It's art

http://stefanglerum.blogspot.com/2008/07/crate-digging-dont-do-it.html

Anonymous said...

pretty funny stuff. Sure glad I'm not like that. Err....