13 April 2009

I Want to Lick the Cup

I know you've all been waiting for them, so here they are, without garnish, my first round playoff picks. Check back in two weeks to better understand the master.

Eastern Conference

Boston Bruins (1) vs. Montreal Canadiens (8)- Bruins faltered in the second half, but they'll work through the nastiness to take this one in SIX.

Washington Capitols (2) vs. New York Rangers (7)- I know nothing about these teams other than New York sucks. Caps in FIVE.

New Jersey Devils (3) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (6)- the Devils were arguably the best team in hockey over the second half, and Carolina is a golf destination. Devils in FIVE.

Pittsburg Penguins (4) vs. Philadelphia Flyers (5)- the battle of Penn brings the only upset of the East first round, with the Flyers dragging down all that star power to make my grandpa (rest his soul) happy. Flyers in SEVEN.

Western Conference
San Jose Sharks (1) vs. Anaheim Ducks (8)- I have no confidence in the Sharks after their second half performance, but I can't crap out on them now. Sharks in SIX.

Detroit Red Wings (2) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets (7)- I love the BJ's, but too much Red and White firepower ends this early. Red Wings in FIVE.

Vancouver Canucks (3) vs. St. Louis Blues (6)- the Blues are the silliest sixth seed in the history of hockey. They're a great story, but no match for the big man in the Vancouver goal . Canucks in SIX.

Chicago Blackhawks (4) vs. Calgary Flames (5)- everybody and his lush mama has the Blackhawks walking all over the Flames, but I have faith in Iginla and the Kipper. Flames in SEVEN.


7 comments:

Tuna said...

sitting this post season out. Too upset about Toronto not making it.

Anonymous said...

I'll never take you ringside again, you ungrateful Sabean vilifier

My wife is going to see Green Day at the Fox Theater tonight. Life is weird.

Tuna said...

They played last week at the Independent. Its cool that they're doing local shows like that. I think they are one of the last rock bands in America. Tell her I hope she has fun. I'm seeing the Black Keys there on Saturday night.

Tuna said...

Who is that BTW licking the Stanley Cup?

sonny house said...

hayden panettiere

http://lightscameracaption.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/hayden-panettiere-sexy-cowgirl.jpg

tuna said...

Hey totally off topic, but I read today that Jenkins thinks Anthony Randolf can be a PF who can bang down low. Didnt you say that was horseshit a week ago or so? Just trying to get your take.

Anonymous said...

I think I said something along the lines that Randolph could be a power forward, but a different kind of pf, at least in the short-term. He should fill out over the years, which will help, but he is so quick on the leap and has such long arms and explosiveness, that he could work out there. So much depends on his development, though, especially emotionally, that I wouldn't count on anything.

See: new Giants offense