30 June 2009

Punk's not dead....

Just fat, grey and filled with spite. Mike Baus celebrated his 40th birthday hanging out at the Warped Tour's "Old School Stage" drinking beer. So of course I joined him. The heat was just overpowering and I had raging hangover from the Hunches on Friday night. Still I got to catch TSOL tell every mall rat they were suckers and The Adolescents rip through their set just like 1984. The 16 yo "punks" looked confused and scared, as there was no ska skanking to be found at this non sponsored stage. Not a bad time actually.


2 comments:

sonny house said...

Yea, but you missed Casey Royer- next time you're in the East Bay, bring your DI records- I'll trade you some Naked Raygun.

Did TSOL play the one that goes, "I wanna fuck I wanna fuck the dead"?

Tuna said...

Yes, they did. It was great.