11 October 2010

Gravy Time




Yea, the Phillies are the much better team (did you enjoy the victory tonight? good, because I ended up at lesbian trivia night and my SF cap got boos). Nobody will argue that. And the Giants have overachieved, especially when you consider how bad some of their go-to guys were in the NLDS. But this is baseball, and weird shit happens. I expect the Giants to lose in 4 or 5, and for torture to end on a shoulder-shrugging note. But hey, that's probably just putting up the defense- why not allow ourselves stupid hope with four days before Lincecum/Holliday? Would it be sadly foolish to entertain miracle dreams? Perhaps, but give me Tuesday. The Giants' season is a complete success at this point, no matter what anybody says. It's gravy time. Lap it up.

1 comment:

Tuna said...

Gravy indeed. The Giants are a totally different team and Sabean is to get credit for the acquisitions he made. I would still fire him instantly if I owned the team as the bad decisions he has made have been far more numerous than the good ones. I also agree that Philly should CRUSH the Giants. But as you said, its great the team has gotten this far.

The good news is all the money the Giants can play with this offseason bc....ooops. That's right. Zito and Rowand will still be on the books!

Sorry, can't help myself.