24 January 2011

The Brides- Bad Attitude


I don't own that many singles, relatively, so my superlatives are generally ignorant and histrionic. That said, I'm not sure I've heard a better rock 'n roll single than this one. It's just, well, perfect. Sorry about that. It makes me wonder whether you should bemoan the lp that never came, or take the untarnished genius that is this single and be happy nothing came along to suck the air out of things. Who's to say? Anyway, I've owned this since it came out and each time it just screams from those speakers, and how many records can you say that about?

6 comments:

The Tuna said...

You are a saint. The last man writing rock n roll record reviews. And positive ones! I am ashamed of my lack of commitment to doing the same. I will try to make ammends in the coming days.

When did this Brides single out out? Is it still available?

Also, who is that chick on the Chrome Spiders single?

I'm off to Big neck records. Thanks, man.

Mitch Cardwell said...

Do you have their first 7"? I actually like it more...Hinman's got it here: http://detailedtwang.blogspot.com/2009/03/here-come-brides.html

sonny house said...

yea, I dig (and own) that one as well- they're hard to choose between, so I won't try

Tuna said...

When I die, my tombstone will probably read:

The Tuna
1968 to 2068
(his early stuff was better)

Tuna said...

And not to get all political...

but do Barack Obama's speeches leave you with a sort of diet cola feeling and missing Bill Clinton?

Does John Boehner strike you as a serious person or let alone politician at all? The tears, the orange sun tan, the lack of anything resembling a plan other than we're against the white house. Boehner and many of the republicans just doesnt seems serious. I think Barry Obama is going to do well politically over the next two years.

Rahm Emmanuel. Is there anyone else at his level who inspires such a awful visceral reaction?

bruce said...

i think i agree with you, i didn't see it , had practice, but i have to have some hope that someone with a brain rather then a wallet is running things