22 January 2011

Glam It Up, Gentlemen


This single should win an Oscar for catchiest, gayest, stupidest and greatest single of the past several years. It certainly has the biggest hooks this side of a White Wires record. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with my sons singing along to "Boys Life," but I'll live. I had a spicy Korean pork sandwich today that wasn't as good as this single. I paid X for a new album yesterday that does not have single moment in the same area code as this record. If singles are meant for singing along to, this is teleological, which is probably the name of their next offering. Enjoy the glory- I'm going to.

2 comments:

Mitch Cardwell said...

Just an excellent 45...and a great band. They ruled the last Oakland-hosted Budget Rock!!!

There's new single (Bloody Knuckles b/w On The Outside) on Savage that serves as the 2-hit digest version of "Radical Sabatical", much like how this 45 served as the same for "Boomtown Gems".

Anonymous said...

yea, I didn't dig the new record as much as the first one, but it still had its moments, like "On the Outside," for instance.