09 January 2006

0 for 5...

Hat's off to your 1.000 batting average. I'm having the opposite problem. Since the holiday I haven't been able to finish a book. Here's the breakdown:

Women In Love - I've read this 3 times, but this is the first time I've read Menand's introduction. It's made me angry and I've not been able to get rolling.

The Great Fire
- read about a thrid of this in SC but can't get started. I hope I havent burned out on this.

The Year of Magical Thinking - I won't finish it. I know it's gonna end with Quintana's death and there's no f'ing way I'm gonna read on. I stopped right after she collapsed outside LAX.

Kornwolf - Rolling, but slowly. This is Lord of the Barnyard Egolf, and it rocks; hyped, overwrought with frantic adverbs, ripping off Pynchon left and right, and I love it. You prick; why'd you have to off yourself?

Molto Italiano - I'm expanding my fish cooking skills simply by reading sister's copy of Mario Batali's cookbook. This dago knows his shit, especially when it comes to the pesci. This is the year of the Italian - we'll win the Cup and have more than 20% representation on the US Supreme Court. Va fan culo, cazzi. Segui il tuo corso, e lascia dir le genti!

No comments: