09 July 2007

The second best movie of the decade (after Hustle & Flow) is called Dreamland (2006) and concerns two young girls in a New Mexican trailer park. Since I'm an authority on the wants and needs of young women, and have a decent ear and sound BS meter when it comes to hack work, I cant believe how good this movie is. The plot is hokey but the dialog these kids hit is first rate. The girls are hot but of a different sort, and I hope the two leads go on to do better work, but it's likely they'll be humping an oiled exercise ball in the August issue of Maxim. This is not the OC nor is it your mother's TV movie of the week. It's the best movie I've seen about young people making a go of things since...I can't even finish that thought; I don't think another movie comes close.

No comments: