20 April 2008

There's a new record store in town, 1234 Go Records, located on 40th St. between Broadway and Telegraph. It's smaller than my wife's shoe closet but what a gem- a punk rock shop run by a nice dude with very low prices. Really- decent prices. Get down there and support the man. Here's yesterday's take-

Pierced Arrows- Straight to the Heart- first two listens and this screams WINNA- like Andrew never got booted

ACDC- Flick of the Switch- never heard this before but it sounded incredible last night on a Newcastle belly dump

Dead Moon- Nervous Sooner Changes- it's Dead Moon, for fuck's sake- great on arrival

ACDC- Let There Be Rock- I was taken back to the Port Lite when I stuck this on after beer 3 yesterday evening, and that's never a good memory. The music sounds outstanding, though...

ACDC- If You Want Blood- two dollars of live power-even Nicole did an aural doubletake and nodded assent

Dead Moon- Dead Ahead- see above, then go buy the whole fucking catalogue

Sonic Chicken 4-s/t- I had this downloaded, but for seven bucks brand spanking new when ITR is selling it for 13, I dropped dime in support of local record union 101. Why the fuck not?

"The Rolling Stones"- Jamming with Edward- 3/5 Stones with Ry Cooder, I thought I might have stumbled upon a gem as this was released in '72 when the lads could do no wrong. Yea, and I thought the Sharks were going to end the series tonight. Sounds like some jackass left the tape running while the boys were frying and decided to boogie down.

Dead Moon- Crack in the System- kicks off with "Poor Born" and then "Cast Will Change," one of the great one-two punches in rock. Only complaint is that it's been licensed by some German fuck and the vinyl quality is bad even by Dead Moon standards. Surface noise cannot, however, ruin one of the best lines penned: "I'm pissed off, pissed off, pissed off, it's just the way I am."

No comments: