08 May 2008

Everybody loves Sorry Ma, Forgot to Take Out the Trash except me. I always thought it was a generic genre exercise in which our heroes tried to muscle up with the hardcore scene but were exposed as match sticked-armed suburban wannabes. This was before Paul was secure enough to sneak out the melodies, and when Bobby flew high and strong. Stupid lyrics and stupider riffs, this still has its moments, and even a whiff of what was to come with "Johnny's Gonna Die, " no matter how embarrassing it sounds now. I loved the cover and the spirit and the possibilities, but I never found myself pulling this one out, even in the glory days. Having listened to it twice in the last two days, I feel better about my 22-year old self. Fun but insubstantial- can you live with that?

No comments: