25 October 2008

Manlove and the Taco Truck

I made three trips to the Taco Truck. $4 24 ounce Pabst cans glide down gullets like mountain streams from the four bars. The bands start on time. I missed the Touch Me Nots (the bands start on time? at the Stork? Hallelujah!), but Sir Lord Von Raven did the big glam pop with Greg Ashley's fingers bleeding out the fiery leads. Apache ruled my night with the biggest gayest dumbest pop music yet heard from elfin beards. East Bay Grease was smooth southern soul with Harold Ray being Harold Ray. Roy Loney sounded great and played too long, but if you get "Teenage Head" at the end it's hard to complain. Roy Head, 67 years of former pop star manlove, showed up in blue and produced more energy than I had, and apparently he'd been drinking vodka since noon. There are better men out there, and I defer to them.

Today stands to be even better. Are you ready?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anchor Steam - 5.0%
Budweiser - 4.7%
Bud Ice - 5.5%
Corona - 4.8%
Guinness Draft - 4.1%
Heineken - 5.2%
Miller Lite - 4.2%
New Belgium Fat Tire - 5.3%
Newcastle Brown - 4.5%
Pabst - 4.9%
Pete's Wicked Ale - 5.2%
Rolling Rock - 4.6%
Samuel Adams Boston Lager - 4.75%
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - 5.3%
Stella Artois - 5.2%

Dr. D said...

well that was odd. someone tell me about what i missed sat night. i slept, of course, after too much Cal victory pasta.

Sunday i went, ate some pancakes cooked by jason morgan, and today i don't feel sick at all. amazing.

did you break even, owen? tell me you're in the black...

Anonymous said...

I am squarely in the black. my goal was to make back what i lost last year and I think with the sponsorships we did.

Dr. D said...

outstanding