03 October 2008

A member of my family said that clearly Palin won because Fox News kept flashing that 86-12% of their viewers said she did. Well, you just can't argue with that. The anti-intellectual bias in this country runs so deep. Complete sentences are suspect- what is he hiding behind that slick eloquence? Facts are suspect- he's trying to dazzle us with Senator-speak. Fully developed arguments are condescending- his professorial arrogance puts me off.

Fine. Keep smart folks out of power because you can't trust 'em and probably feel intimidated by them (for a Party that mocks the idea of self-esteem, their collective insecurity in the face of real intellectual rigor reveals a staggering hypocrisy). I want cousin Nana to do my brain surgery cuz she just regular folk.

In other news, a Nebraska police department, in an attempt to slow a rash of Dumpster babies, encouraged potential babykillers to drop off little junior at the police station. Instead, they got 15 teenage deliquents. Given my past two weeks, I find this only half-funny.

6 comments:

sonny house said...

"Say it ain't so, Joe, there you go again pointing backwards again. You preferenced [sic] your whole comment with the Bush administration. Now doggone it, let's look ahead and tell Americans what we have to plan to do for them in the future. You mentioned education and I'm glad you did. I know education you are passionate about with your wife being a teacher for 30 years, and god bless her. Her reward is in heaven, right? I say, too, with education, America needs to be putting a lot more focus on that and our schools have got to be really ramped up in terms of the funding that they are deserving. Teachers needed to be paid more. I come from a house full of school teachers. My grandma was, my dad who is in the audience today, he's a schoolteacher, had been for many years. My brother, who I think is the best schoolteacher in the year, and here's a shout-out to all those third graders at Gladys Wood Elementary School, you get extra credit for watching the debate," - Sarah Palin on her plans for education policy last night."

sonny house said...

folks be talking about Palin not responding to Biden's choking up- but it's obvious and damn it I'm the first to say it- a response to him crying wasn't on her cue cards

sonny house said...

Wow- I just agreed with every word you wrote- clearly, something weird is in the air

Anonymous said...

or it gotten that bad

sonny house said...

David Simon at Cal-

http://townsendcenter.berkeley.edu/webcast_Simon.shtml

Anonymous said...

France-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/oct/03/michelhouellebecq.france