13 March 2011

Cure the Sunday Blues



I'm hungover, and it's raining on a Sunday afternoon. Tried to watch Richard Pryor on the Sunset Strip and fell asleep. Tried to listen to J. Mascis' new band, Sweet Apple, but failed because it's aggressively awful. Picked up that Touch 'n Go book and was reminded of the print zine's chief function - to salve the Sunday afternoon blues. Read a piece on John Brannon when he was in Negative Approach and was reminded that I've never checked out The Laughing Hyenas on youtube. And there it is. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought Feedtime tix and now I'm feeling much better. Plus, it's five o'clock. I love daylight savings.

Suburban Dread said...

A monster band. They truly clear the room.

Were they better than the Hunches?

Anonymous said...

I can't really compare them, but I love 'em both.

Tuna said...

Really? I think they are very similar, actually. Different towns and decades. But they both seemed to be going for the same sound.

I love them both too. Truly awe inspiring music.

Btw..2 more weeks till opening day. The dark wet weather continues over here. I try to cheer myself with MLB Network spring training games and the voice of Marty Lurie. Let's go to Red's Java on opening day and get sloppy, huh?